[CCSM-Biogeochemistry] Fwd: NCAR Job Posting: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Leaf Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow - Climate & Ecosystems)
bballard at ucar.edu
Sat Jul 30 09:41:16 MDT 2016
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Reddell <jennifer at adclub.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM
Subject: NCAR Job Posting: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Leaf
Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow - Climate & Ecosystems)
To: Barbara Ballard <bballard at ucar.edu>
*Please post to the below working groups:*
*• Land Model*
*Leaf Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow (Climate & Ecosystems) - 82708*
*Organization: CE-Climate & Ecosystems*
*Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a
part of it!*
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley
Lab) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether
in research, finance or other operations. This is a great opportunity to
bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific
research that addresses national and global challenges! Berkeley Lab is a
renowned center of scientific expertise in many facets of climate-related
fundamental and applied science.
Berkeley Lab’s Climate & Ecosystems Division has an opening for a Leaf
Photosynthesis Postdoctoral Fellow to focus on developing a theoretical
understanding of acclimation of leaf photosynthesis and respiration, and
explore implications for global photosynthesis and the carbon cycle, based
at Berkeley Lab. We are particularly interested in integrating theory of
leaf resource allocation with observations to develop parsimonious
process-level descriptions of the acclimation of photosynthesis and
respiration, using a variety of observations, and integrating discoveries
into state-of-the-art land surface models.
• Focus on several groups of processes relevant to photosynthesis and
autotrophic respiration, including: nutrient and carbon interactions,
scaling from leaves to landscapes, ecosystem demographics and land cover
• Analyze and quantify uncertainty in feedbacks between the atmosphere and
terrestrial biosphere will be important components of the research.
• Creation and analysis of a global database of plant traits
• Statistical analysis of key traits
• Development of first-principles theory underlying the governing controls
of specific traits
• Formulation and testing of hypotheses
• Model development and implementation
• Presentation of results at scientific meetings
• Publishing of results in scientific journals
• PhD in plant physiology, ecology, or a related field
• Proficient coding skills in at least one of: R, Matlab, Python, Fortran
• Knowledge of ecophysiology and plant biochemistry
• Experience working with data relevant to plant states, traits and rates
• Ability to understand and use state-of-the-art land-surface
• Both numerical and communication skills
• Evidence of ability to publish results in relevant journals
• Ability to work in an integrated team environment
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a 1 year term appointment with the possibility of renewal for up
to 5 years based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability
of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position requires completion of a background check.
Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research
environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of
early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists
and engineers. Read about the excellent postdoctoral benefits at Berkeley
*How To Apply*
Apply directly online at http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=75138 and follow
the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by
advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new
materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in
1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel
prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S.
Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance
with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (
Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".
*Ad Club Advertising*
Toll Free: 800.333.1228
Toll Free Fax: 800.759.4675
*jennifer at adclub.com <jennifer at adclub.com>*
National Center for Atmospheric Research
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
P. O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
CESM Program Office
Assistant to CGD Director
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CCSM-Biogeochemistry