[CCSM-LandWG] Fwd: [bgc-feedbacks] Join us for the ILAMB Town Hall at AGU Monday evening

David Lawrence dlawren at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 11 06:02:09 MST 2015

 Dear Colleague,

We would like to draw your attention to the *International Land Model
Benchmarking (ILAMB) Town Hall Meeting* to be held at the American
Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting to be held in *Moscone Center West
room 2006 on Monday, December 14 at 18:15–19:15*.

During the meeting, titled *TH15C: **DOE scientific successes as part of
the International La**nd Model Benchmarking (ILAMB) Project*, we will
present an overview of the project and introduce the new benchmarking
analysis and diagnostics package we have developed. *We will show model
evaluation results for different versions of the Community Land Model (CLM)
and a dozen CMIP5 models.* The package now assesses 24 variables from about
45 best-available observational datasets. These results are available,
along with the free, open source software, at
http://redwood.ess.uci.edu/mingquan/www/ILAMB/index.html

We would like to engage land modelers, field and laboratory scientists, and
remote sensing experts in the discussion and use of the ILAMB package. We
are most interested in having your feedback and suggestions for new metrics
and datasets as we embark on development of a second generation
benchmarking system.

Please share this announcement with your interested colleagues. We look
forward to seeing you Monday evening!

Forrest Hoffman, Bill Riley, Jim Randerson, Dave Lawrence, Gretchen
Keppel-Aleks

Forrest M. Hoffman                    forrest at climatemodeling.org
Climate Change Science Institute      http://www.climatemodeling.org/~forrest
Computational Earth Sciences Group    (865) 576-7680 voice
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)  Building 4500N, Room F106, MS 6301
P.O. Box 2008                         Deliveries: One Bethel Valley Road
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6301              35° 55' 23" N   84° 19' 20" W