[CCSM-Paleoclimate] CCSM Paleoclimate Working Group Meeting at Breckenridge

Bette Otto-Bliesner ottobli at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 3 16:15:42 MDT 2005

Greetings,

The CCSM Workshop will be returning to The Village at Breckenridge, in
Breckenridge, Colorado this year.  This year's workshop theme is
"Crosscutting Science Using CCSM," with plenary sessions on IPCC,
Paleoclimate and Abrupt Climate Change, and Challenges of Building an
Earth System Model. The CCSM Working Groups will meet individually during
the workshop for 1-1/2 hours to discuss business issues. There will also
be a formal poster session.

The Paleoclimate Working Group will not have formal science presentations
this year.  We urge you to present a poster.  We plan to include one-slide
presentations highlighting the Paleoclimate Working Group
posters/simulations during our working group session.  Please send your
one slide no later than Wednesday, June 15 to Stephanie Shearer
(shearer at ucar.edu).

We will devote the rest of our working group meeting to discussing future
directions of the Paleoclimate Working Group.  A new CSL proposal will
need to be submitted this fall.  The report of the March meeting of the
working group, to be posted on the CCSM web page shortly, includes 3
proposals for collaborative initiatives.

We hope to see you in Breckenridge.

Cheers,
Bette and Matthew

Bette L. Otto-Bliesner