[CCSM-Paleoclimate] AGU Session - Advanced understanding of tropical hydroclimate changes during the late Pleistocene

Barbara Ballard bballard at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 9 13:45:19 MDT 2014

 From: Lisa Murphy <lmurphy at rsmas.miami.edu>
Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:50 PM
To: "ccsm-paleoclimate at cgd.ucar.edu" <ccsm-paleoclimate at cgd.ucar.edu>
Subject: AGU Fall Meeting session on tropical hydroclimate

 Dear colleagues,

  We would like to bring to your attention the following session on *Advanced
understanding of tropical hydroclimate changes during the late Pleistocene* at
the 2014 Fall AGU Meeting in San Francisco, CA. Details are below. Please
consider submitting an abstract and forwarding this message to others who
might be interested.

 *Session ID#: 2517  *
 *Session Title:* *Advanced understanding of tropical hydroclimate changes
during the late Pleistocene*
 *Session description:*
 Tropical climate changes during the late Pleistocene are manifested as
rapid reorganizations of rainfall patterns, in contrast to the dramatic
temperature swings in the high latitudes. Despite the increasing
availability of tropical paleoclimate records and model simulations, the
physical mechanisms driving these changes are still unclear. We invite
contributions exploring the tropical hydrological change on
decadal-to-orbital timescales over the late Pleistocene by using natural
archive data, new proxies, and simulation methods to reconstruct
precipitation change on local to regional scales in the tropics and their
global links. We particularly welcome proxy-model syntheses exploring
physical mechanisms.

 *Confirmed invited presenters in our session:*
 Mahyar Mohtadi, MARUM
 David McGee, MIT
 Pedro DiNezio, U Hawaii
 Terry Quinn, University of Texas-Austin

 The deadline for the abstract submission is August 6th. For more
information, please go to:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session2517.html

 We are very much looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

 Best regards,
 Lisa Murphy (co-convener, RSMAS, University of Miami)

 On behalf of Chuan-Chou Shen (primary convener, National Taiwan
University, river at ntu.edu.tw), Xianfeng Wang (co-convener, EOS, Nanyang
Technological Univ., Singapore, xianfeng.wang at ntu.edu.sg), and Shih-Yu Lee
(co-convener, Research Center for Environmental Changes, Academia Sinica
Taiwan,shihyu at gate.sinica.edu.tw)

--
Barbara Ballard
P. O. Box 3000