[CCSM-SDWG] SDWG winter working group meeting

Brian ONeill boneill at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 22 13:44:31 MDT 2013

Dear Societal Dimensions Working Group members,

The dates are set for our winter working group meeting, which will again
be held back to back with the Land Model and Biogeochemistry working
groups. Dates for the full set of meetings will be February 24-27, 2013,
with the SDWG meeting on February 26-27. The day to day schedule is
listed below, and note that as in previous years we will have a half-day
joint meeting between the SDWG and the LMWG.

The agenda will include both short presentations based on submitted
abstracts, plus some solicited talks or organized discussions on
specific topics.  More details on the latter will be sent before the end
of the year. If you would like to give a presentation, please send a
title and 200-500 word abstract by FRIDAY, January 10, to Lawrence Buja
(southern at ucar.edu) or Brian O'Neill (boneill at ucar.edu).  Although
the working group continues its primary focus on connections between
CESM and water management and/or integrated assessment modeling, we are
open to any topic related to the human dimensions of earth system
modeling. Depending on the number of submissions, we may also have a
poster session.

If you have suggestions for agenda items or discussion topics, please
send them along as well. We look forward to an interesting and
productive meeting.

The preliminary schedule is as follows:

2/24 Monday  BGCWG
2/25 Tuesday BGCWG/LMWG
2/36 Wednesday LMWG morning, LMWG/SDWG afternoon
2/27 Thursday SDWG

Information on meeting registration and hotels will follow closer to the
meeting date.

Regards,

Lawrence Buja, Bill Gutowski, Brian O'Neill, and Allison Thomson (SDWG
co-chairs)
http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/working_groups/Societal/

--
Brian O'Neill
Climate and Global Dynamics (CGD) Division &
boneill at ucar.edu
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/iam/