[Cesm2control] Fwd: [CMIP6 Model Groups] Two more MIP Proposals for Endorsement Process - Please indicate your participation

Gokhan Danabasoglu gokhan at ucar.edu
Sun Feb 18 13:56:02 MST 2018

Dear All,

Per Veronika's email below, we are being asked if we will be participating
in two more MIPs. These two MIPs are newly proposed: Carbon Dioxide Removal
MIP (CDRMIP) and Polar Amplification (PAMIP). For either MIP to receive an
endorsement from the CMIP panel, a requirements is that at least 8 groups
need to express commitment to participate, i.e., at least perform all the
tier 1 experiments. Could you please get back to me if you are interested
in leading CESM's participation in these two MIPs by 5 pm Friday (23
February)? Please indicate the lead / contact person(s) along with the
person(s) performing the simulations.

Obviously, there are implications for our computational resources if there
is interest from CESM for participation in these two MIPs. We will need to
assess these requirements.

Best,
Gokhan