[CF-metadata] cf futures (long)

Russ Rew russ at unidata.ucar.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:27:24 MST 2005

Hi Frederique,

> We are currently asking people within the MERSEA project to apply as a
> standard format NetCDF + COARDS/CF convention.
> This was done for the altimetry world and is under prosess for the sea
> surface temeprature world.
>
> I am writing to enquire about the netCDF structure format in reference to
> the remote sensing data to be distributed. I am currently looking at
> converting some of our products from HDF (Hierarchical Data Format) to
> COARDS netCDF. I was wondering if you could provide me with an example of a
> netCDF file you already have (maybe SST ?) in order for me to check if the
> structure format I am using is complete and correct.

Here are some examples of netCDF files that follow various conventions,
including CF and COARDS:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/examples/files.html

By the way, if anyone on this mailing list has better examples for
these conventions, or especially CDL files that include explanatory
comments, I would be happy to add them to the collection.

--Russ