[CF-metadata] cf2 progress

Bryan Lawrence b.n.lawrence at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 09:27:36 MST 2006

Hi Folks

I thought I should report that I hope to summarise the feedback on the
whitepaper very shortly ...

Meanwhile, the BADC is taking a few steps forward: Alison Pamment will be
taking responsibility here for the CF name management (to try and relieve
Jonathan).  She'll be beginning one day a week from February, working up to
three days a week in April.

Her first activities will be:
* Educating herself on CF,
* Understanding how Jonathan has managed CF standard name evolution

and in March we will move the standard name part of CF to the BADC (unless
anyone has violent objections).

Cheers
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research