[CF-metadata] Proposed CF standard names for the NEMO ocean model

Ian Culverwell ian.culverwell at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Nov 26 01:32:23 MST 2008

Dear all,

I'd like to propose three more standard names, appropriate for ocean
models:

1) sea_surface_density kg m-3
   --------------------------
The density of sea water near the surface (including the part under sea-
ice, if any). (Cf existing CF standard_names sea_surface_temperature and
sea_surface_salinity.)

2)
ratio_of_x_derivative_of_ocean_rigid_lid_pressure_to_sea_surface_density
N kg-1

NB: x_derivative_of_ocean_rigid_lid_pressure is already a standard_name,
and I'm proposing sea_surface_density in (1).

3)
ratio_of_y_derivative_of_ocean_rigid_lid_pressure_to_sea_surface_density
N kg-1

NB: y_derivative_of_ocean_rigid_lid_pressure is already a standard_name,
and I'm proposing sea_surface_density in (1).

Regards,
Ian.

--
Ian Culverwell B-2-81 Ocean and Sea Ice Modelling
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom

Met Office climate change predictions can now be viewed on Google Earth
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/hadleycentre/google/