[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

John Caron caron at unidata.ucar.edu
Wed Mar 28 11:07:14 MDT 2012

On 3/28/2012 10:49 AM, John Caron wrote:
> I think we have a number of valid use cases for missing data in aux
> coordinates, and i would vote to allow that.

sorry i didnt really answer jonathan's concern. I would suggest this
wording:

Auxiliary coordinates do not have to be monotonic or have unique values,
and may contain missing values. Data providers may choose to put valid
data where the auxiliary coordinates are missing, but applications are
free to assume that data is missing where the auxiliary coordinates are
missing.