[CF-metadata] [cf-satellite] standard name question - "toa_bidirectional_reflectance"

Jonathan Gregory j.m.gregory at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 09:55:23 MDT 2012

Dear all

> If no one can provide a reasonably knowledgeable response, proposing a new definition would (a) potentially make the most desirable clarification/modification and (b) elicit any conflicts from anyone on the CF-metadata list.  One of the list minders will undoubtedly weigh in on this when they have a chance.

I agree with both John and Tom, regarding Randy's concern about
toa_bidirectional_reflectance. I don't have any expertise on this subject.
Either a new definition can be proposed for the existing name, or if there
is a need to have more precise quantities, more standard names can be
introduced with more specific definitions.

Best wishes

Jonathan