[CF-metadata] Standard name for direction of wind gust

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 21 09:57:31 MDT 2017

Hi all,

I don't like "from_direction" as a construct (I know it's already
accepted for "wind_from_direction" and it is clearly explained in the
notes but wouldn't

"direction_of_wind_vector_tail" or
"wind_vector_tail_direction or
"tail_direction_of_wind_vector"

  be more obvious?

(for the "to" direction you could use "head" or "arrow")

for gust, my vote would be

"direction_of_wind_gust_vector_tail"

(Of course, I would also prefer "speed_of_wind_gust" to
"wind_gust_speed" , and others probably don't).

best,
Karl