[CF-metadata] Clarifying standard names for 'mass_concentration_of_*_dry_aerosol_particles'

Daniel Neumann daniel.neumann at io-warnemuende.de
Tue Jul 11 13:05:13 MDT 2017

Dear CF-Meta Mailinglist,

I would like to advertise my long question from two weeks ago. Maybe
there were no replies because it was to long :-) . Excuse me if I should
be wrong with that assumption. The basic questions are:

What do these two standard names mean?
   (a) mass_concentration_of_ammonium_dry_aerosol_particles_in_air
   (b)
mass_concentration_of_dry_aerosol_particles_expressed_as_ammonium_in_air

What should be the standard name for the mass concentration of
atmospheric particulate chloride/ammonium/nitrate/sulfate/...? Should it
be like (a), like (b) or something else (e.g.
mass_concentrations_of_particulate_ammonium_in_air)?

Please find details on the question here:
http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2017/059573.html

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Neumann

Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemuende
Physical Oceanography and Instrumentation
Seestrasse 15
18119 Rostock
Germany

phone:  +49-381-5197-287