[CF-metadata] JSON representation based on CF

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 27 16:21:59 MDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Jon Blower <j.d.blower at reading.ac.uk>
wrote:

> P.S. I’ve created an issue on the CovJSON GitHub site for discussion on
> the distinction between CovJSON, CF-JSON and NCO-JSON. I thought this might
> be a more appropriate forum for the discussion than this mailing list.
>

> https://github.com/covjson/specification/issues/86

Thanks -- see you there :-)

 >  I guess the “exam question” we are trying to answer is – to what extent
should we be looking to merge these initiatives?

To a great extent! I think three "standards" is worse than none...

CovJSON has a somewhat different mission, so it may make sense to keep it
distict, though.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov