[CF-metadata] Clarifying standard names for 'mass_concentration_of_*_dry_aerosol_particles'

Daniel Neumann daniel.neumann at io-warnemuende.de
Mon Aug 14 09:29:46 MDT 2017

Steve,

Thank you for your comment.

I am not sure whether I got the comment correct: It does not become
clear which mass per which volume is described by
"mass_concentration_of_X_in_dry_aerosol_in_air"? You mean ambiguity
whether it is either 'mass of X' in the volume of 'dry_aerosol_in_air'
of 'only mass of X, which is in dry aerosol' in the volume of 'air'?
With respect to the guide you linked: it does not become what 'B'
actually is? Thus, I should re-think the order and the connecting
prepositions?

Or do want to point out that the terms "atmosphere_mass_content_*" and
"mass_concentration_*_in_air" might be problematic in general?

Daniel

fax:    +49-381-5197-114 or 440
e-mail: daniel.neumann at io-warnemuende.de