[CF-metadata] Add new integer types to CF?

Charlie Zender zender at uci.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:40:53 MDT 2017

_Unsigned = "true" is cleaner and clearer to me
than the valid_* attributes.
To me, Rich's suggestion requires a consensus
to _drop_ valid_* in CF 1.8, and instead make
_Unsigned the preferred workaround for file formats
that do not support unsigned types.
Unless people want to require _both_
_Unsigned and valid_* (seems burdensome to me),
or allow either _Unsigned or valid_* (seems
crufty to me). What do others think?

--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(