[Liwg-core] melt bias in 126

Miren Vizcaino M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 13 09:23:33 MST 2017

dear all,

Unfortunately I missed the Wednesday telecom and I missed also the melt problem, that came to me as a surprise today

Jan: "Due to the latest CAM changes, the SST’s have cooled quite a bit in the North Atlantic, and this made Greenland cooler as well, and reducing melt significantly".

do we know exactly the sources of the cold bias, and is this substantially affecting other regions (e.g. Arctic sea ice?)? are others out of the LIWG aware/concerned about the cold SSTs ?

thanks, cheers, miren