[Liwg-core] melt bias in 126

Miren Vizcaino M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 13 10:07:59 MST 2017

Thank you, Marcus.
I suppose this implies that we need to closely monitor Greenland climate in the ongoing 126?
Miren

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Jan 2017, at 17:44, Marcus Löfverström <marcusl at ucar.edu<mailto:marcusl at ucar.edu>> wrote:

Hi Miren,

a part of the problem is likely the changes in subgrid topography in Greenland. Here is a snippet from an email from Julio to the CESM developers:

"126 with enhanced surface roughness around Greenland could be colder in the Labrador sea.  Marcus L. has seen cooling there in our F2000 cases. Let's see what it does to Lab sea ice."

My understanding is that the Lab Sea is still behaving fairly well in the B-case they are currently running. Note, however, that this assessment is only based on a few decades worth of data so it could change in a longer simulation.

// Marcus