[Liwg-core] large impact on SMB of reducing Hmax from 10 m w.e to 1 m w.e.

Bill Sacks sacks at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 24 09:51:32 MST 2017

Hi Miren and others... also including liwg-core,

I will not try to weigh in on the ideal settings here – others on this list are better qualified in this respect.

However, for now I'd just like to say that I'd prefer if we keep the same parameters applied for all glaciers, both because (a) what you're suggesting will require some extra code development, which is challenging to argue for at this point given the deadlines we are up against, and (b) unless there are physical justifications or other strong reasons, we generally try to avoid having different physics in different parts of the world.

Bill S