[Liwg-core] energy budget issue for glaciated landunits

Bill Sacks sacks at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:51:09 MST 2017

Along these lines:

> On Jan 24, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Lipscomb, William Henry <lipscomb at lanl.gov <mailto:lipscomb at lanl.gov>> wrote:
>
> It seems like we’re still way below where we want to be, even in B3 with the adjusted ramp, the lowered ice albedo, and the SCF bug fix.  Is there any significant increase in melting over time?

Can you please remind me: Are you pretty confident that this low melt is not just due to the system taking a while to come into equilibrium with the climate forcing, due to the amount of time it takes for the 10m snow pack to melt? (I know there have been emails about this, but I'm having trouble keeping the conclusions straight.)