[Liwg-core] CISM settings for Greenland coupled runs

Jeremy Fyke garmeson.lanl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 09:34:09 MDT 2017

Hi Bill et al from Chicago airport,

Ok let's wait until mid-July so we can get an update on your new tests
regarding BP/DIVA and the evolving basal sliding scheme.

 More generally, while I am comfortable leading the overall spin up effort
I firmly believe the final decisions on (and responsibility for) CISM2
configuration in support of LIWG science as part of this exercise is yours,
not mine. For example, I would be hard pressed to choose DIVA at this point
given your clear expression last Thursday to switch to BP.  As senior land
ice scientist and lead CISM2 developer you have the most understanding of
the CISM2 decisions and scientific trade offs.   You also will presumably
be addressing CISM2-dynamics-specific discussions arising during manuscript
review.    So (assuming the latter is correct) I will defer to your final
CISM2 choices after providing my input/opinions and motivating discussion
on topics that I sense are pertinent yellow light issues to LIWG science
goals.

Which is all to say I'm looking forward to the call in a few weeks to hear
about progress and your related thoughts!  Lets reconnect then.

Cheers,

jer

the choice to go with BP or DIVA is your