[Liwg-core] Feasibility of adding some LIWG-relevant diagnostics to Land diagnostics package?

Alice Bertini aliceb at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 2 12:11:41 MST 2017

Hi Bill,

It's definitely doable to add a new plot set into the python framework. In
fact, the WACCM group
did just that last summer and wrote up their development experience here:

https://github.com/NCAR/CESM_postprocessing/wiki/PPDG_Add_Diags

That being said, I think we'd want to look at a couple of things first to
gauge what needs to be done
before putting it into a time frame:

- are there special climo or average files in addition to those already
being created for the lnd diags
that we need to add to the pyAverager?
- what languange are the existing plotting functions written in (NCL, IDL,
matplot, etc...)?
- what controls do we need to add to the XML settings to control this new
plot set? Is there
an existing script available for generating the Land-ice diags that we can
look at more closely?

Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,
A.

--
Alice Bertini