[Liwg-core] Feasibility of adding some LIWG-relevant diagnostics to Land diagnostics package?

Bill Sacks sacks at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:59:39 MST 2017

Thanks, Alice & Keith.

Here are my tentative replies; Jan, you can chime in to confirm or correct me:

> - are there special climo or average files in addition to those already being created for the lnd diags
> that we need to add to the pyAverager?

I'm thinking we can just piggy-back on the current averages – we'll just need to add some more variables that are processed.

> - what languange are the existing plotting functions written in (NCL, IDL, matplot, etc...)?

Jan talked about doing this in NCL

> - what controls do we need to add to the XML settings to control this new plot set? Is there
> an existing script available for generating the Land-ice diags that we can look at more closely?

Nothing exists currently. Can you point us to an example showing the xml settings you're referring to?

Thanks,
Bill