[Liwg-core] Timeline and details for tweaking rain-snow repartitioning ramp

Bill Sacks sacks at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 6 19:55:46 MST 2017

Hi Leo, Jan & Miren,

Dave Lawrence pointed out to me that, if we want any changes to the rain-snow repartitioning ramp for CESM2, these really need to get in very, very soon. The end of this week would be safest, but middle of next week may be okay, too. So I wanted to make sure you're aware of this tight timeline.

Dave also expressed a preference for keeping 0 as the lower bound of the ramp for non-glacier landunits, so that any tweaks would involve shifting the 2° upper bound – so we could end up with, say, a ramp from 0 - 1 C, rather than, say, -1 to 1 C. It doesn't sound like he's totally set on that, though – I think it was mostly based on personal / anecdotal experience.

Leo, or whoever is doing these runs: Can you let us know what you were planning to test so we can all be on the same page about this?