[Liwg-core] Timeline and details for tweaking rain-snow repartitioning ramp

Kampenhout, L. van (Leo) L.vanKampenhout at uu.nl
Tue Mar 7 02:10:08 MST 2017

new plot with snow height growth in the period 0001-01 to 0003-08 :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl6s1nk5ur1q1md/maps_h2osno_arctic_diff.pdf?dl=0

On 07 Mar 2017, at 09:37, Miren Vizcaino <M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl<mailto:M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl>> wrote:

Hi, Bill
We are doing analysis at Delft and will show results today. Leo set some  BG 3-yr runs branching from #134. However, it is likely that we will see little effect if any in 3 years runs since we start from 10 m w.e. And all rain will likely refreeze. Raymond is setting a reset simulation to start from thin snow layer. We want to use the same simulation to test if the new SCF works in preventing bare ice burial in the N ablation zone. He'll run first 5 years and check trends. Laura will additionally set another run with 100% vegetated N Greenland tundra areas. Bill, is it straightforward to set elevation classes for tundra areas?
Thanks!
Miren

Sent from my iPhone