[Liwg-core] CESM2 LENS variables

Miren Vizcaino M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl
Wed Mar 8 07:11:53 MST 2017

Hi Jan

_ICE variables:

EB:  outgoing LW and SW, SHF, LHF, near-surface temperature, variables for ground flux (Leo?)

SMB: snow thickness, snow melt, snow refreezing, rain_rep

I am thinking that we would like the CISM input variables as well, to be able to run an offline CISM2 Large Ensemble?

I am definitively interested in having forcing for TG runs (that is, offline CISM runs). Bill Sacks, is this feasible, can you assess how much of that is affordable?

Maybe not for all Large Ensemble runs? Jan, what is the time period and size of the assemble?

Would it be feasible to have monthly elevation classes output for a limited number of variables (1-7, in order of importance: H2OSNO_ICE, outgoing SW_ice, snow_melt_ice, snow_ref_ice, SHF_ICE, LHF_ICE, RAIN_REP_ICE)

for a limited number of runs?

thanks! miren