[Liwg-core] Good news: realistic GrIS ablation!; and next telecom

Miren Vizcaino M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl
Fri Mar 10 12:31:18 MST 2017

Hi Jer

Downscaled SMB is included in the figure I sent.

Maximum snow depth is 10 m w.e. for GrIS. This means that we the snow/firn pack needs many years for equilibrium, so we need a spin-up strategy that can be acceptable for the CLM folks as well. We have run only 7 years so far. We need to run further to get an idea of the equilibrium snow/firn thickness distribution per elevation class per grid cell. If this becomes clear early in the simulation, we could implement something in the line proposed by Bill Sacks during the Winter Meeting. But first we need to run more years to understand the dynamics towards equilibrium.

Thanks, Miren