[Liwg-core] update on snow resetting

Lenaerts, J.T.M. (Jan) j.lenaerts at uu.nl
Wed Mar 29 01:17:08 MDT 2017

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your update and clarification. If I understand you correctly, the Task 3B of the spinup will - in any case - include a IG procedure with BG forcing (similarly to what Miren suggested to do yesterday) with a fully erased snow ‘memory’ for the entire globe. So that means we actually need to do less work with a better result: great!

I follow your recommendation as there is little added value to spend a lot of time to get it ‘as best as we can’ for Task 2A, and a simple tweak will suffice.

All the best,

Jan