[Liwg-core] update on snow resetting

Lipscomb, William Henry lipscomb at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 29 18:15:38 MDT 2017

Hi all,

Thanks to Bill S. for the clarification of spin-up procedures.

I’m OK with the plan Bill S. suggests.  My understanding is that CLM will spin up starting from bare snow in task 3B.  It’s still possible that glacier-ablation-area biases could contaminate 3B, if the atmosphere is too cold as a result of sitting over glacier columns with 10-m snow in task 2 when it ought to be sitting over glacier columns with seasonal snow.  But since Greenland glacier ablation zones occupy a relatively small area, I can live with that bias.

Thanks,

Bill L.