[Liwg-core] Fwd: ISMIP6 grid for Greenland

Sarah Bradley - CITG S.L.Bradley-1 at tudelft.nl
Sun Sep 24 05:47:27 MDT 2017

Hi Bill,

Thanks for passing on this information.
I had already asked about making a paleo-grid for CISM purposes, so this is good news that is might be useful for other purposes. I know Marcus has made a much larger grid, which works for the CESM-CISM set up.

When Joe Kennedy made the new input files for CISM on the EPSG projection in April, at the same time he made a set of 'paleo-grids'. He called them the 'extended' grids.

/glade/p/cesm/liwg/kennedy/Greenland_EPSG3413_grid/epsg3413_datasets/extended/

 They are not quite as extended as Heiko suggested grid, but the size of the grid was sufficient for the size that the GrIS grew at the glacial maximums.

I have ran CISM on this extended grid and it works, however I have not tried it within the CESM-CISM set up - i.e if it would work when any of the other components are active.

I hope this helps.

Sarah