[Liwg-core] report on new BG/JG: TOPOGRAPHY NOT UPDATED

Miren Vizcaino M.Vizcaino at tudelft.nl
Fri Dec 14 08:58:38 MST 2018

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick reaction. Great to hear there is no problem,

Miren

On Dec 14, 2018, at 4:55 PM, Marcus Lofverstrom <lofverstrom at email.arizona.edu<mailto:lofverstrom at email.arizona.edu>> wrote:

Hi Miren,

No need to worry about the topography. We decided to only update the atm topo at the beginning of each BG segment instead of each year. Our reasoning is that there are only very modest changes in the ice sheet over 35 years with a synchronous coupling, so updating each year adds unnecessary complexity to the setup with very little gain.

Thanks for the heads up!
Marcus